Once or twice a month, I’ll share stories which caught my eye during blog reading
- Ideas for Book Covers (because I’ve been working on cover design)
- Dresser to the Queen Marianne Skerrett history versus television?
- Books that Made Movies and coincidentally (right?!) the next post in my feed was about books which became movies & were either history or historical fiction/fantasy
- Asexual Representation in Mainstream Speculative Fiction because the issue of representation and how representation is presented matters for so many different historically disadvantaged groups
- Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox – I’m not one for audio books, but this was one of my favorite reads from 2018 so why not celebrate its availability in another format?
- When Training Wheels Become Hobbles an interesting discussion of how one technique to cope with editing can turn into a sandtrap
- Fieldnotes: pink lists and the pink triangle another writer of historical fantasy explores the intersection of research and writing
- Talk about authors with neat covers! I have many of Elizabeth Hunter’s books on my shelves, including The Scribe and some others in the series, recently reviewed on a blog